December 14, 2006

Best Music 2002 - Tiffany Hope

Might we change "purchased" to "procured"? I can honestly say I haven't bought a single CD this year, except for gifts. I download nearly everything. I know, I'm going to hell, whatever.

Anyway, here's my list, mostly singles (is there such a thing anymore?) as I don't have the patience for downloading entire albums, even with DSL. In no particular order, quote marks indicate individual songs.

1) "Whatever happened to Rock and Roll "- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
2) "I am trying to break your heart" - Wilco. This gets my vote for the Best Goddam Single of the Year. When I first heard it on my car radio , I literally pulled over to listen. Blew me away.
3)"nobody girl" Ryan Adams
4) "Reproduction of death' - International Noise Conspiracy. I'm gonna say it. They are BETTER than the Hives.
5) Sigur Ros -
Ágætis byrjun I got this last year, but I don't care cuz it's one of the best damn things I've heard in years.Their stuff is so outrageously beautiful it makes me cry.
6) The Buck Owens Collection 1959-1990 Double CD set!
7) Johnny Cash - The man comes around. Just got this last night from Vanessa and I LOVE it.
8) Serge Gainsbourge - Histoire de Melody Nelson
9) "Cold Fingers" -The Webb Brothers
10) Tie: Greatest Hits - Waylon Jennings, and The Ultimate Collection- Merle Haggard.

No comments: