December 15, 2006

Best Music 2005 - Tiffany Hope

I think I got 3 cds in 2005 — How pathetic! So I wish to substitute the recommendations of my good buddy Dave Jenne. He sent me the following list after a conversation about how pathetic it is that I am no longer hip to what The Kids are listening to. Dave is a Fresno Nerd, guitar genius and all around seriously funny human being. He is Eddie Van Halen to my David Lee Roth (no joke, he still hounds me about doing VH Christmas). Like Doug, his musical knowledge shames me. Please add him to the End Of Year list as he is always on the hunt for new stuff. Dave Jenne

P.s. Why the hell can't I be in a band called jackie O mutherfucker? That's even better than Legitimate Midget!
-tiff
Here is my music buying guide:

Album of the YEAR:

"The Woods" by Sleater-Kinney

Other groovy tunes:
"Z" by My Morning Jacket
"Horses 2 Disc Special Thingy" by Patty Smith
"So Much for the City" by The Thrills
"Decline of British Sea Power" by British Sea Power
"Smile" by Brian Wilson (this is a fucking great
album)

Under the heading New To Me:

"Bad News" by Bad News – it's the guys from The Young Ones in a Spinal Tap like show from about the same
era, in fact I think this might have come out just before Spinal Tap.

"Myra Lee" and "The Covers Record" and "What Would the Community Think" by Cat Power

"Fire" by Electric Six

"The Grey Album" Jay-Z / Beatles / DJ Danger Mouse -- which is a mash-up of Jay-Z's "Black Album" and the
Beatles "White Album" thus the grey title. Super rare, I have a copy of it not an orig, he got sued by Jay-Z
and the Beatles to stop production of it. Brilliant though, and until this I had not interest in Jay-Z at
all, he isn't half bad, in fact some is very good. I say Thumbs UP!

"I don't mean to insult you but you look like Bobcat Goldthwait" by Bobcat Goldthwait very funny, not david cross funny but funny.

"The Raincoats" by The Raincoats – early punk girl band. Best. Version. Of. The Kinks "Lola". Ever.

"The Stooges" and "Funhouse" by the Stooges. I am a big fan of raw power, but these two so SO SOOOO rock.

"Apocalypse Dudes" and "Ass Cobra" Turbonegro

"Anton Maiden" by this guy called Anton whom lived in like Norway or Finland. This is an album of cheesy
synth covers (with him singing!) of his favorite band…Iron Maiden. Oh, my GOD!

Anything by Deerhoof. Nutty Japanese punk thingy

"Jackie-o-motherfucker" by Jackie-o-Motherfucker wow is this good. Wow.

That's all I can think of for now! Enjoy!

No comments: