December 15, 2006

Best Music 2005 - Lynn Roof

Howdy! Just going to list a few:

Rob Dickenson - Fresh Wine for the Horses : GREAT album with an amazing single, "My Name is Love". He was the lead singer for Catherine Wheel, which I didn't listen to, but now may have to check out.

Nickel Creek - Why Should the Fire Die? : Another stellar album from them. If you EVER get the chance to see them live, jump on it. One of the best live acts I've ever seen (and that's saying a lot). Anyone who can pull off Britney Spears' "Toxic" and make it sound better is all right by me.

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans : Just got on this bandwagon. Love it.

Sia - Breathe Me : And no, I'm not listing this song because of the Six Feet Under finale. I've been hearing it on Indie 103.1 and I LOVE it. I don't think she?they? have an album out, but when they do, I'm there. It's just a really evocative song.

And speaking of Indie - they are, besides Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW, the best radio station in LA. Not afraid to play whatever they want, and not afraid to make fun of KROQ all the time. Plus, any station that gives Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols his own show and just lets him go on about anything and everything? They are the coolest.

No comments: