December 15, 2006

Best Music 2006

Hello all,

Happy holidays! I hope everyone had a great year. I am sending this letter to invite everyone to have fun and participate in the sixth annual best music poll. For those of you who are new (or forget things easily like myself), the way the yearly list works is the following:

Send me an email (robert.knaack at good ol' gmail.com) with your list of the best music you've LISTENED to this year (not necessarily published this year.) It can be your top 10, 20, or even just a couple. Some of the iTunes generation submit songs...which is great as well.

The goal is to let other people find new music that they might otherwise have missed. This isn't a contest, it is about fun and sharing. Lastly, don't be worried the music you listen to isn't good enough or that people aren't interested in your musical tastes...you'd be surprised, so please join in!

I will send out one more reminder at the end of the year and publish the results after the first of the year. In previous years I sent a single email with everyone's lists. This year, I will put together all of the lists received into a blog (and most likely an email as well.)

If someone you know would be interested in participating and hasn't gotten this email forward it to them. The more the merrier. I also welcome people to submit their kid's music lists as well. Please include the child's age as well.

I'm enclosing the results of last years poll at the bottom of this email.

I'm excited to see what music I've missed this year!

Take care,
Rob

No comments: